Metal roofs are an attractive option due to their longevity, low maintenance and energy efficiency. Installing a metal roof is more expensive than an asphalt shingle roof, but it will last much longer and require less maintenance.
- Metal roofs can last 40-60 years, depending on the material. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have an estimated life expectancy of roughly 15-25 years.
- Energy Efficient
- A top advantage of asphalt shingles is that they offer high performance for a lower cost. They are the most cost-effective roofing material while providing a quality, long-term roofing solution.
- Ease of Installation
- Metal roofing reflects heat from the sun which can significantly reduce your cost to cool your home.
- Wind and Fire Resistant
- If installed correctly, some metal roofing systems are wind resistant against gusts up to 140 mph. They are also fire resistant as they will not spark or catch fire from a lightning strike.
- Environmentally Friendly
- A significant portion of material to build metal roofs is from recycled materials, and are 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof. .